Skip to main content

Introducing Cindy J's Radio Edit-- Cindy Henson Wiggins

In the spirt of embracing the words of entrepreneur Tom Bilyeu in Inc.com article The Simple Way to Find Your Passion,  According to a Founder Who Built a Billion-dollar Brand, "How did I create this situation?", I've decided to accept one of
Google's inviolable truths: one cannot place ads on a blog deemed to contain adult content. One can rage against the machine or find solutions. And contrary to popular belief, I do often write articles and novels that do not require an 18+ warning. Those pieces have languished in the dark long enough. Again, a sitution I created myself. Time to separate church and state.

I realize this means two blog posts a day, two accounts for every social media platform, and two versions of myself. Or at least showing the world me on my best behavior. Hey, I do have the capacity for restraint...I do! But nothing worth having is every easy to achieve and as I've said before, writing isn't something I do, it's isn't a hobby, and it isn't a part of me. Writing is ALL of me and I take that as seriously as anyone who has ever realized their destiny.

It's also been immensely therapeutic embracing my given name-- Cindy Wiggins. I've been at war with that name long enough (Carol Burnett was no help in that department, the character was hilarious, but still...). I threw in the Henson as a shout out my beloved mother's peeps.

Don't worry, I promise content as irreverent as ever. One can be irreverent without wirty dords and references to...let's say private parts.

My new blog shall contain no content that could make a sailor blush while my other is still no holds barred. Think of It's complicated as a 1980s Eddie Murphy stand-up routine and Clean! as Bill Cosby from the same era. Oh wait, NOT the best example. How about the late, great Red Skelton: a comedic genius who never used 4-letter words or "allegedly" Roophied and violated women. See, I can still be irreverent with nary an F-bomb on site.

Welcome to Clean!, home of my literary works even my dad can read.

Cheers,
Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG! Full on Fangirl for Deadpool2

Yes, I know I am forty-something, and  yes, I know the word "fangirl" is an insult to womanhood everywhere, but, who cares?! OMG, OMG, OMG, Deadpool is back and as bad as he wants to be! Nothing gets my blood pumping like Ryan Reynolds in a tight red and black superhero outfit.... okay, except Christian Bale as Batman (yes, he will forever be my dark knight) and Christopher Reeve as Superman (sorry, Henry Cavill, you're good, too). But Deadpool, oh, sweet, foulmouthed, tragic anti-hero, Deadpool. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. And to think, today, for diStraction Saturday I was gonna blog about King's Blossom Blast alleviating my SAD. Ha! That is just sad. But nothing, NOTHING, has me anticipating summer like Deadpool 2. Why I love Deadpool? Here's my top 5 reasons: 1. He's played by Ryan Reynolds . Go obvious early, right? When it comes to the wise-cracking anti-hero, nobody does it better. Yes, please, insert Carly Simon song here. Don&#

The Few, the Proud, the Forgotten....and the Really Forgotten

Let me preface this article by saying I am in no way, shape, or form trying to discount the battle of ANY cancer sufferer or survivor anywhere ever. It is my intent to make peace with MY experience and mine alone. Stay strong, brothers and sisters! It's #TellItTuesday here on It's Complicated and Clean!, the day I open a vein....no, not a vein, an  artery  and let the blood of my meandering existence spurt all over my laptop. There's something about me a lot of folks don't know and it's something I don't often talk about: I am a cancer survivor. Why would I keep this fact to myself? Doesn't make sense, especially in this day and age when we're all trying as best we can to throw money and attention at an insidious disease that not only robs people of their futures, but of their dignity, their hope, and more often than not, their livelihoods and nesteggs. Thanks, broken US healthcare system! First of all, I never want to appear to capitalize on my

Making a Difference Just Trying to Be Good

Being firmly rooted in  Gen X , I can't tell you how surreal it is to read Tweets from the Dalai Lama . Though given what I understand of  Buddhism , his Twitter presence makes perfect sense. Wisdom isn't something to hoard or make accessible to an elite few. Wisdom is to be shared and built upon through democratization. And as good wisdom usually is, one of his latest Tweets is perfect in its simplicity: "The basic foundation of humanity is compassion and love. This is why, if even a few individuals simply try to create mental peace and happiness within themselves and act responsibly and kind-heartedly towards others, they will have a positive influence in their community." -- The Dalai Lama It's the last two words that, to me, resonate the most, "their community." I've admitted often enough to feeling as though I'm screaming into a void, but one reason I stay part-time at the EDJ is not only the supplemental income, but also the feeling